|This is a featured article, one of the best on the wiki. Please refrain from editing the page without learning further information.|
"greater range and damage"
- The Katana is unlocked at Age 8 only if the player earlier chose the Short Sword at age 2.
- The Katana deals 40 damage.
- The Katana has the second longest range of any Primary Weapon.
- Reduces move speed by 20%, making it slightly slower than the Short Sword.
- It has an attack speed of 0.3 seconds per swing.
- Mining 3,000 Resources with the Katana will cause it to turn into the Gold Katana.
- Mining 7,000 resources with the Katana will cause it to turn into the Diamond Katana.
- Try equipping the Booster Hat or Shadow Wings or both to negate its slow movement speed.
- Use the Samurai Armor to attack 30% faster.
- Use the Soldier Helmet to outlast foes while attacking with your Katana.
- Try pairing with the Great Hammer in order to move faster.
- Try using the Shield with the Katana by blocking blows with the shield and then switching to the Katana to hit the enemy before he has a chance to hit you again.
- A combination of the Katana and Hunting Bow can be very strong, as the Katana can be used to deal huge damage to players and the Hunting Bow can be used to finish players off.
- The Katana isn't very superior to the Great Axe, as both take 3 hits to kill an unarmed player at full health. The Katana does have a very superior range to the Great Axe though. The Katana is also better for killing Mobs.
- When battling players with Polearms, wait until he has swung his weapon, then move in for the kill, using your faster attack speed to your advantage.
- Use for close combat.
- The Katana provides an almost perfect balance of damage, mobility, and range.
- Pair with Mc Grabby to deal with the Katana's slow movement speed.
- Using the Gold Variant of Katana and Great Hammer, it's possible to insta-kill Soldier Helmet users with the Bull Helmet. First, equip the Bull Helmet. Attack with either your Katana or Great Hammer, then switch to the other. Finally, quickly place down a Spinning Spike. It can be very useful in killing auto-heal hackers with Soldier Helmet.
- You can instantly kill someone without Bull Helmet by getting the gold variant of Katana and Great Hammer. Just hit with both twice and place a spinning spike. This is similar to insta-killing a player without Soldier Helmet, just without Bull Helmet.
- The Polearm allows you to hit the Katana user without fear of being hit. Pair with Samurai Armor for more effective fights against Katana users.
- Repeater Crossbow also helps stay away from the Katana user and still do damage.
The Golden Katana is a melee weapon with the 2nd highest DPS. It is one of the hardest weapons to get because you can only gather one resource at a time. It is the 5th easiest golden weapon to get. (Except if you are using the miner's helmet which allows you to obtain one gold for every resource gathered. It counts toward your golden weapon.) A strategy is to get a Great Hammer and a Booster Hat. Have the hammer in your hand when chasing somebody and hit them with your Katana when you are in range.
The Diamond Katana is the Diamond version of the Katana. It deals 47 damage to everything. When the Katana turns to diamond, it becomes blue in color and the end of the blade becomes wider.
The Ruby Katana is the third and final obtainable version of the Katana. It is obtained upon gathering 12,000 resources and deals 47 damage to everything. It also has a "bleed" effect, causing players to lose even more health over time. The bleed effect is the same for all ruby weapons (5 damage per second for 5 seconds).
The Emerald Katana is the fourth version of the Katana. It is obtained upon gathering unknown resources and deals 47 damages to everything. It also has a healing effect, similar to the blood wings. and dark knight helmet. The design of the emerald katana are identical to ruby katana. The Emerald Katana was obtained through the process of redirecting the file, it is unobtainable in the game as of now.
- Before 0.894, the Katana was the strongest weapon in the game. To this day it still has the second highest DPS and the highest range of all high DPS Weapons (The only weapon with a higher DPS are the Daggers)
- The Katana remains many MooMoo warriors' Weapon of choice.
- The Katana's name and design both originate from a Japanese long sword known as the Katana.
- For some reason, hackers use this weapon a lot.
- Its Emerald Weapon sprite is in the wrong location, as with many other weapons
- The Katana's design is actually more reminiscent of the nagamaki, due to its long handle.
- It can kill somebody in just under a second, assuming they don't heal. It takes 1.2 seconds to kill them if they have Soldier Helmet.
- It is named samurai_1 instead of katana_1 in the game files
- 0.68 - Added Katana (It has not changed since except for a sprite change in an unknown update)
| Tool Hammer • Short Sword
Katana • Hand Axe
|Hunting Bow • Crossbow|